How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FloridaLawyer Your Own Question
FloridaLawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 741
Experience:  Experienced family law attorney in private practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FloridaLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

before we start the divorce procesure. my husband tranfered

Resolved Question:

before we start the divorce procesure. my husband tranfered his savings( technically it is our saving after we got married) about 70,000 to two of his daughters, basically he set up two trust fund for his daughters, do I have the right to claim them back?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FloridaLawyer replied 6 years ago.

Hello JA Customer,


I am an expert here at Just Answer and I would be happy to answer your question.


Yes, you are absolutely entitled to seek the return of these funds. You need to file an emergency motion requesting that the court enter an order freezing the account where these funds are held. In the motion you need to allege that your husband has intentionally dissipated a large marital asset and that you believe it is a thinly veiled and deliberate attempt to keep you from receiving your share of these funds.


If you have not already done so, I would highly recommend that you hire a licensed family law attorney in your local jurisdiction to assist you with a hearing on the temporary relief motion discussed above.


I hope this helps, best of luck!



Legal Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The information, research and opinions set forth above are limited to the facts presented in the question and no guarantee is made regarding the adequacy or accuracy of the answer. The answer provided does not infer or imply the establishment or acceptance of any attorney-client relationship. No claim is made that I am licensed to practice law in the state or jurisdiction where this information is being provided and you should always seek legal counsel admitted to practice in your local jurisdiction for representation and advice on any legal matter.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you! And also he paid a loan he owned his ex wife( he own her some aseets and agreed to pay by cash( that was about 50,000). Their agreement agreed that he should pay her over 5 years, but he paid them all last year ( use the money he earned after we got married, can I claim back those too?

Expert:  FloridaLawyer replied 6 years ago.

Yes, you can certainly address the disposition of any significant transfers such as this shortly before the dissolution of marriage action.


Thanks again,



FloridaLawyer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you