Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ten years ago my unfaithful wife had an affair with a guy with

Ten years ago my unfaithful wife had an affair with a guy with some std. Is it too late to sue him or her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

When did she find out that she got the STD from him?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Very soon after like a month.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for this information. This would be considered 'injury to person,' and I am afraid the statute of limitations is three years from the time of injury or finding out about it per Ch. 260 §4, so it is too late I am very sorry to say.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the INFO button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after an accept, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you need clarification!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault, but the way of circumstance.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not found out for certain as she has never confirmed that she even had it. I would need to see if he and she has the std also. Once I get the info would that qualify for "within 3 years"?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Smart follow up question. She'd need to first confirm that she has it - the time starts ticking from the time she found out or reasonably should have found out (which is a little more subjective, thus maybe giving her more time).