How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens when you lose your job. What are the responsibilities

Customer Question

What happens when you lose your job. What are the responsibilities and what is the best way to handle this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

I wish to help but dont fully understand the context of your question. Are you asking what to do about child support, mortgages, car, etc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I run a private consulting business. My primary customer has announced that my contract is being terminated in 60 days. My income is going to be reduced by 75%. Do I go back into court and what documentation will I need?

Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
I do wish to help but against why go to court because your income is reduced. Im assuming that you are asking regarding child support. If that is the case you would have t file a modification of support petition seeking the downward modification. You would provide the notice you received as well as bank documents showing how that customer accounts for 75% of your income.
Daniel Solutions and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No! There is no Child support just alimony? So I file with the courts for adjustment and bring in the bank account info and supporting legal documents?

Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that is correct.

Except in cases where there is a written or in-court oral agreement by the parties expressly providing that spousal support is non-modifiable, the court generally retains continuing spousal support jurisdiction and can terminate or reduce spousal support in later court proceedings.