S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My 15 yr old step daughter is up (we live in NH) for a visit

Customer Question

My 15 yr old step daughter is up (we live in NH) for a visit from CT. She is supposed to go home tommorow but she has expressed that she doesnt want to go home, that things are bad there for her and in the past her mom has punched her, slapped her and pushed her head into the car window. What are our options?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 6 years ago.

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

Can you tell me if the current arrangement is pursuant to a court order or simply by mutual agreement between the parents?

Steven Kincaid :

If it was a court order, then your husband must abide by the order unless and until it is modified. He can do so by requesting a modification on an emergency basis if he believes that his daughter is in danger returning to the mother's home.

Steven Kincaid :

Another option is to report the abuse to Children's Services in Connecticut. They can investigate the allegations of abuse. Even if they do not intervene, it could help your husband's request for modification if they find the allegations to be true.