How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I like to know if My husband was married in dominican republic

Resolved Question:

I like to know if My husband was married in dominican republic and his divorce was final before he married me. How do I find if he was divorced? and when? or if we can get a copy of the divorce decree is this some thing that you can get me
thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

A certified copy of a divorce certificate may be obtained by visiting the Civil Registry Office (Oficialía del Estado Civil) having jurisdiction over the area in which the divorce. Alternatively, it may be obtained by writing directly to the General Directorate of Civil Registry Offices of the Republic (Dirección General de las Oficialías del Estado Civil de la República) in Santo Domingo. The address of the General Directorate is:
Calle XXXXX XXXXX esq. Horacio Vicioso.

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the address does not have any # XXXXX city code?or what is official site that I can do research on Internet
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need the complete address or website
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Here is the entire address:

Dirección General de las Oficialías del Estado Civil de la República
Calle XXXXX XXXXX esq. Horacio Vicioso.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Edited by WebLaw on 1/2/2011 at 1:29 AM EST
Ellen and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions