Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

i have loaned ny daughter a large amount od money about 20,000

Customer Question
$. I also hold the mortgage...
i have loaned ny daughter a large amount od money about 20,000 $.
I also hold the mortgage of @ 100.000 on the house she lives in with a monthly payment of @ 641,- this money I need to pay my bills which she is not doing. what cani do to have her pay me since this is all i got. i am 84 years old and i am in a wheelchair phisicly enable. and need this money for my carem

i am in need of her to pay me
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
The problem is that the recourse you have is not going to be very palatable for you to take. It will involve suing your daughter for the money and also foreclosing on the house and selling it off to get your money. If you cannot find an attorney you can afford, contact the local senior citizen center and many of them have free attorneys to assist seniors also you can call the state bar and ask for the pro bono (free) attorneys in your area who can assist you and also try legal aid. However, your recourse if she won't pay is going to have to be suing her in court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer