How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Arizona. I have been living with the same lady for

Resolved Question:

I am in Arizona. I have been living with the same lady for ten years. I own the home and the contents in the house. She owns some pots and pans. She moved in with me. What is the procedure to follow to get her out? She says she does not have to move, and I can't force her to leave. She has been paying the the electric bill, and water. I pay for everything else, and my name is XXXXX XXXXX the utilities' bill. I am also sad in Arizona.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

If you own the house, you have the right to make her leave. However, there is a process. Even though she doesn't pay you rent in the traditional sense, the fact that she pays the electric and water bill would likely be considered as rent - entitling her to 30 days notice to vacate.


You need to give her a written notice to vacate in 30 days, and if she fails to do so, you can file an eviction action against her and get a court order removing her.

Roger and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you