How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been separated for three years and need to just get

Resolved Question:

I have been separated for three years and need to just get the divorce but have been unemployed for the past year so really can't afford it. What are my options in this matter? She has everything and that is fine but I would like to get this final.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a Florida lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

You may want to consider filing for divorce yourself. If you do not have children, it is a very simple matter. Would you like the forms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How hard would it be since I no longer live in florida? And how do I get the forms needed to do this?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I can give you the forms for Florida. You will need to be to retain counsel in Florida or go to Florida in order to represent yourself. If you prefer, you may file in the state in which you reside if you meet the residency requirements-- usually 6 months.
Ellen and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions