Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If Im currently working in Afghanistan as a linguist for the

Customer Question
If I'm currently working in...
If I'm currently working in Afghanistan as a linguist for the Army, working on 1 year contract, what happens when I file for divorce when its involving my 2 year old son and 5 yeare old son regarding child custody, since my soon to be ex husband will be taking care of the children but he also works full time, wille be able to get spilt custody or joint custody only? And when it is Joint custody does that mean my ex will be the primary care taker where I only get visition rights?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hi

There is joint legal and joint physical. If you have joint legal that means you are directly involved in the decision making processes for the children and he has physical custody and you have visitations. So it depends on what type of custody you are seeking

If you are out of the country, of course, it will be difficult for you to have shared custody. That involves the children being with each parent a certain amount of days each week

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law