How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27594
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are planning to move out of the state of Tennessee.

Resolved Question:

My wife and I are planning to move out of the state of Tennessee. She has joint custody of her three children from another marriage. Will we be able to move the children out of the state with us? We are moving for my work.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.

Since there is joint custody between the parents, you would need permission from the other parent or permission from the Court to move out of State with the three children. The other parents has a right to be in the lives of the kids and you cant just pick up and move with them.

FamilyAnswer and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions