How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my wife are filing for divorce after 9 months of marriage,

Resolved Question:

Me and my wife are filing for divorce after 9 months of marriage, uncontested/no children. I live in Grand Junction, Colorado(where we had lived) and she just went back to Salt Lake City, Ut. I would prefer not to send her a summons as there are extra costs and delays that could occur. We decided we will sign the petition and forms jointly in front of a Notary Public. I am going out to bring my wife's things to her in Salt Lake next week. We agree to terms of the divorce, it's pretty cut and dry. Can we sign the forms together in the presence of a Notary in Salt Lake City, and have me file them with the court in Mesa county back in Colorado?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



You are filing for an uncontested divorce, correct?


If that is the case and you are the Complainant, you are the only one who needs to appear at the court hearing where you will confirm the contents of the Uncontested Complaint. She does not need to appear. She can have the waiver notarized.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck



Edited by Samuel-II on 1/1/2011 at 3:00 PM EST
Samuel II and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you