How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In KS.. Have a court date on Jan. 7 to modify child support.

Resolved Question:

In KS.. Have a court date on Jan. 7 to modify child support. It is to go up. My ex, who pays $60 right now, is RESIGNING from his position because it's in another state. Will this affect the modification? Or will it go on through cuz he gave up his job? I can't afford a lawyer and need to know what to expect or how to represent myself. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
If your ex tried to stop the support increase by voluntarily terminating employment then the increase should still happen. You can not avoid paying child support by quiting your job.
Daniel Solutions and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you