How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42184
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce papers stipulate that my ex pay for all life insurnace

Resolved Question:

My divorce papers stipulate that my ex pay for all life insurnace policies, mine, my 2 children and his own "so long as the children are entitled to receive support under the terms of this aggreement". He has been doing that, but now refuses to hand over the policies to all of us. My children are now 28 and 25, far since child support age. We have all asked for the payment booklets but again he refuses and claims if one of us dies he will bury us. Doesn't this sound like he intends to keep all of the money???? Please tell me we are entitled to our own policies. We are talking about $70,000.00. He has in the past filed bankruptcy and money has always been an issue with him. Please advise

Thank you XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your question.You woudl have ot return to court herre to force him to provide these to you.He may well either have let them lapse or made himself beneficiary.But if you want to be protected you motion the court to have him produce them and go from there.The court will make him produce these and if he doesn't have them he may be in contempt of court.I think you have legitimate concern about whether they exist and who beneficiary is.The judge in court where you are divorced would address this if you would motion the court.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SO I wouldn't be able to request this directly from the insurance co?? I have managed to find out that they have been maintained but I want to remove them from the current account to our our own individual acounts. Both kids are married and will be getting their own policies and these should be in their posession. My ex in the past has stolen money from both of my kids, savings accounts and savingx bonds and by the looks of the balances on these policies he has already taken out any interest they have earned except for mine. I want to be able to walk into the Insurance company and request this. Am I entitled to do this if I bring a copy of my divorce papers or will they require something more legal?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
You can try here.If the insurance company won't help then a return to court may be necessary.You can try since they are supposed to be in your names here.I would be suspicious of the ex , you may find they don't exist.I hope you have luck getting information from the ex.
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you