Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I need help finding a low cost divorce attorney in Washington

I need help finding a low cost divorce attorney in Washington DC. This will be a contested divorce. My wife lives in Washington DC with my young son, and I live in California. I can afford structured monthly payments, with a small retainer fee. But I just can't handle a large up front retainer. The more specific, the better. Thanks.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

We are prohibited from giving specific referrals. However, you should contact the DC Bar Association and they can assist you with such referrals. Here is that contact information

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got that answer already, from you maybe? They are worthless. They charge you $40, non-refundable, then they take the top name off a rotating que. Whoever is at the top, gets the referrral. The guy wanted $15,000 up front. Worthless.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Well, that is the only way you can get a referral for a local DC Attorney. And, if you review the information I provided, it discusses clinics that you can use to assist you in moving forward in your case pro se.

Please understand that attorney's are not going to give their services away - there are a few avenues for low income individuals.