How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42859
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im involved in a divorce proceeding. If I have an Attorney

Resolved Question:

I'm involved in a divorce proceeding. If I have an Attorney and my husband has an attorney, can we meet and sign the Stipulation of Agreement on our own. Without the lawyers present. We have agreed on all issues and it seems that all the red tape of the attorneys are holding us up
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You can sign it here.But I would certainly try to get our lawyer to finish here and wrap it up.Remember they work for you.You can terminate them if you have to and finish themselves.I can understand that you want this resolved and one way or another here you can do so.And never forget that your lawyer might have some valid reasons here to hold it up.Talk to him I mean he works for you and you deserve to get answers and have this finished.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
He wasn't clear on answering the question
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
You can sign.The court will not hear and finalize this matter as long as you have counsel of record.You can fire them and finish this pro se.But judge won't finalize without a hearing here with your lawyer and you present or fire them and do this pro se.The court has to involve the lawyers here if they are counsel of record and haven't withdrawn.
RayAnswers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you