Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a post decree - child custody related question.My

Customer Question
<p>I have a post decree...
<p>I have a post decree - child custody related question. My exwife and I got divorced 2 1.5 years ago. I have legal custody of my 10 year old daughter. My exwife has visitation rights. The problems that I have is that me exwife has not been co-operating with rearing my child and breaking the parenting plan every once in a while. Given the circumstances, my exwife had multiple affairs and hence the community (friends) are not in touch with her - by association all the time that my daughter is spend indoors – no health related activities. My exwife doesn’t take her anywhere other than a temple. My exwife is always in “party” mode. She constantly buys her gifts and rarely spends time on vocational or games or anything like that. My exwife routinely breaks the parenting plan – e.g. she went off out of country for 1 month – she gave me heads up but did not ask for my availability. She routinely calls more than 2 time every day – our parenting plan says she cannot call more than 2 times. She routinely asks my daughter to bring extra clothes from my home. My kid is suffering her time with her – Is there anything I can do about reducing the time my daughter spends with her.</p><p>I can give several other examples as well - essentially my exwife is running out of money to take good care of our daughter.</p><p> </p>
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 7 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hi

Yes. You can file a modification to have the parenting plan adjusted to something that you feel is better suited for your daughter and in her best interests

You can file it your self by getting the Form from the clerk of the court where the Order originated. File it, have the ex served and then go to court and present your case

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law