How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello i have an situation wonder if you can shine some light

Customer Question

hello i have an situation wonder if you can shine some light on for me and point me in a direction of punishing the guy whom my wife commented adultery against me. It was back in MD 2001 I am in the military and so was he. He and my wife had an affair for about 3 months. This bastard was around my children buying them pizza and toys and coming over at night while they are asleep upstairs banging my wife. Great mom. Well my self and wife moved to GA didn't know yet had my doubts but was not confirmed unitl 2003 then she lies about it with details. I mean she told me they had sex but alot of it she lied. Just until recently I have tracked down this perk now he lives in other state is not in the military. I need closer my kids need closer I want him to punish always have. So do you have any advice. He needs to suffer as i have well he won't suffer as i have or my kids but i want him to not think even after almost 10 yrs he can just get away with it. My wife claims she told him no and she has some serious issues because of her father molesting her then repressing it for the majore part of her life and our marriage up till this crap happened in 2001. Since MD I have moved to three different states so i am not sure where to go with this but i do know i want him to know he can not get away with this no matter how long it ha been.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

If any part of the affair occurred in Illinois, Hawaii, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota or Utah you may file an action for criminal conversation, alienation of affection and seduction against the person. That said, these are the only states that recognize such actions. If the adultery did not take place in one of these states, you do not appear to have an action against the person

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.