How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41653
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a father who is currently a college student in a rural

Customer Question

I am a father who is currently a college student in a rural area with no job opportunites and was once involved with a young lady (who is the mother of my child now), and she is planning to file for child support and also a restraining order against the women I am currently seeing so I cannot take my child around her. Whenever I am home for the summer and was employed I was always willing and able to help out financially and also keep my child when needed. Since going back to school this fall semester, I have been involved with someone else, and when I come home I attempt to spend time with my child and also many of my other loved ones, however the mother of my child has been resentful toward that fact and feels I do not do enough anymore, which is true due to me not being currently employed in the area I attend school in, and that I do not care about my child. I fully believe all this has come about simply because I am no longer emotionally involved with the mother, so she has threatened to put me on child support (which is fine), file a restraining order against the women I am seeing now (who has done nothing to our child), and fight to get my rights taken away if I attempt to spend time with my child and my lady friend at the same time and location, she has also called my own mother saying hurtful and threatening things about me, and has once hacked into an online profile of mine and has slandered my name for the world to see. She has absolutely no grounds for restraining, and I have been contemplating what I should do in regards XXXXX XXXXX these threats and hardships she has putten me through. Is there anything I can do?
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.All you can do if she files here is to argue for fair child support and court ordered visitation.Certainly you also have right to a lawyer here to argue the retraining orders and your rights to custody and visitation to your child.You may have to make sure that your rights are protected here in court at some point with paternity suit and a local lawyer.I think you are going to continue to have problems with the ex in regards XXXXX XXXXX rights.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you sir