How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42850
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we live in ms and we have a family member in tn that is pregnant

Resolved Question:

we live in ms and we have a family member in tn that knows a lady that  is pregnant and due in march.she is not married and does not want the child.she wants a family that will take the child and is willing to sign her rights.what is the legal procedure?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Persons here wanting to adopt have to obtain lawyer locally to file for termination of parental rights here.Mother can consent and relinquish but then lawyer has to serve notice on father or unknown father.Either way he has to be accounted for.The lawyer will prepare all necessary documents and represent at hearing on termination and adoption.Once granted here the adoptive parents get amended birth certificate with new names here.

If the adoptive family here is in Tennessee here is lawyer referral

Edited by RayAnswers on 11/2/2010 at 1:20 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the family(us)wanting to adopt is in MS and the Birth mother is in would we give her information to our lawyer and have them contact her so that she can consent
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Yes.A lawyer here is so important to avoid having your heart broken.You want it to be legal and no surprises.I will cross my fingers for you and hope it all works out here for you.
RayAnswers and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you