How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-and his wife are always telling the kids my clothes dressed

Customer Question

My ex-and his wife are always telling the kids my clothes dressed for them are junkie; the stepmom tells my ex-husband while the kids can hear "make their mom pay for everything"; the kids know the stepmom who is 10 years younger than me hates me for some reason; and I am always harassed as lazy and to get a job so he can pay me less child support. I have four kids ranging 10 thru 2 years old. Is this something to hire an attorney for? I feel like always being thrashed and harassed. We have joint custody of the kids every other week with me and every other week with dad and stepmom.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.

Even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription

I only get paid if you click Accept.

Thank you for your question!

If one parent is making negative statements about another parent in front of children, the court may order that parent to cease making those negative statements in front of the children and the court may order that parent to promote a positive environment and connections between the children and the other parent. Courts do not like and will not typically permit the continuation of activities that are intended to alienate a child from another parent. If a court finds that a parent continues such conduct, the court can restrict visitation to prevent a parent from alienating children from another parent.

That said, it's important to understand that, when addressing child support issues, if one parent refuses to work, the court can impute income to that parent and treat that parent as if he/she is earning what he/she could be earning if he/she didn't refuse to work.

Please do not shoot the messenger.
If you need clarification, please feel free to ask using the
Reply feature.



Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential.Customeris not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. Customerdoes not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney using, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Thank you. I can only pray and do my best to somehow ask for my ex and his wife to be humble, considerate and understanding of these little childrens' emotional well-being. I want my kids to have the confidence, pride, love, happiness and physical as well as mental emotional health two parents can give them. It is hard when the stepmom dislikes you very much. I am very sad for my kids of this.
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
The situation sounds like a difficult one indeed. I hope that you and your attorney are able to resolve the matter in a manner that serves your family well. Good luck!