How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is there any way to get a jugement dissolution status

Customer Question

is there any way to get a jugement dissolution status
Submitted: 6 years ago via
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.

I am an attorney and will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you but cannot give you legal advice, represent you, or enter into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you accept these provisions as well as's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to find out the status of a pending case or something else?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ive been trying to get divorced for over a year and ex will not agree on anything. this will be my fourth time going to court. my brother is getting a judgement dissolution status where he will be legally divorced but then has to go back to court to resolve the other issues. i WANT to do the same thing. she will never agree and even told both attorneys that.
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
I see.

What you are looking to do then is to file a motion to bifurcate the proceedings typically. This means the proceedings are divided into separate issues: a. the divorce, and b. division of assets.

This normally permits you to obtain the divorce while the remaining issues can be determined at a later date.

Best regards,



Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i get my atty to do this? he says its not avail in ohio
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
I found a case where such a motion was brought in OH:

I don't know what your attorneys reasons are, but if he refuses, you may want to consult with another attorney since there is no way to compel an attorney to file specific documents.

Take care.
Tina and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks so much uve been a great help!
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome.

All the best to you.