How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way to withraw a filed divorce Answer in New Jersey

This answer was rated:

Is there any way to withraw a filed divorce Answer in New Jersey so the court would not have jurisdiction over the out of state defendant? There have been no appearances. A divorce comlaint was filed by plaintiff residing in New Jersey, attorney for defendant signed acceptance of service and then filed an Answer.
Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable.

Sorry but once an answer is filed you have agreed to accept the jurisdiction of the court. There is no way to withdraw the answer and now try to claim that the court does not have jurisdiction over the action. Sorry.
lwpat and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you