How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

(Family Law Litigation) I (Mother) just obtained a court order

This answer was rated:

(Family Law Litigation) I (Mother) just obtained a court order (in British Columbia, Canada) to allow the retrieval of all email correspondence my 11 year old sent and received from (4) of his "secret" Gmail Accounts set up by his father 6 months ago. I have contacted Google's Legal Department by email numerous times via email and postal mail providing this Order and explaining what I need. All my enquires are ignored.
How can I expedite the retrieval of this information?


Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today.


Google is a US-based company, incorporated in Mountain View, California. If you are sending a Canadian court order to a US-based company, they do not have to respond. This is because the Canada courts do not have jurisdiction over US companies. You would have to get a California court to certify the order. To do this, you would need a CA attorney. You can find them here: would be happy to continue answering any more questions you have at this time. If you do not have any more questions, please don't forget to accept my answer as it is the only way I can receive credit for helping you. You will be charged nothing further for pressing accept. Thanks.

LADY LAWYER and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you