ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

When is child support considered late to the courts of Washington

When is child support considered late to the courts of Washington state?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Washington won't allow a parent to be held in contempt for late payments, even chronically late payments, if the full payments are made within the 30 day period unless the payments are late because of bad faith.

ScottyMacEsq :

So if the payments are made within 30 days of when they were due, without bad faith, a WA court is not going to hold the obligor in contempt.

ScottyMacEsq :

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer :

Just as I suspected. Thank you very much.

ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!