How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if the father of my child is in a different state cant they

Customer Question

if the father of my child is in a different state cant they garnish his wages for child support? He is married with two children pays CS for exwife and one child and mine, one child ... Although I have not seen a dime in 2 years .. could the ex wife be getting all the money?
Submitted: 6 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Yes the father's wages can be garnished for child support regardless of what state he is located and work. Even states that dont garnish pay for debts such as credit card will garnish for spousal or child support. You need to contact your local child support collection agency and ask them to take the steps to garnish his wages.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they say they cant find him. I know what state he lives in , why is this so hard to get done.. its been 2 years .. is there a way I can terminate is rights
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

If you are certain he is working then ask the collection unit to garnish his tax return and this will provide his work information.

Termination of parental rights is not easy unless the parent has neglected or physically abused the child. However if you truly wish to make the attempt I suggest you retain a family law attorney to represent you in the process.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can they garnish is wages for two different cases .. I know hes paying his ex wife CS for one child , hes married with two children and then me, with one .... will that effect the time it taked to recive teh money