How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a divorce and have a three month old son.

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce and have a three month old son. My ex has parenting time for a couple hours a few nights a week. I exclusively breastfeed and my ex has now refused to take the breastmilk that I have provided for his visitation times. Is there any legal precedence for this, since breastfeeding is best and he is refusing to provide it to him?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



When the parenting plan was granted, was there any discussion of your breastfeeding the baby? Through what avenues was the parenting plan established?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We are in the process of getting divorced, we came up with the plan at mediation when the baby was almost three months old. All parties were aware that I was breastfeeding, and I didn't think I would have an issue with him refusing to use breastmilk. I was uncomfortable with any visitation really, but agreed on it for fear that my father-friendly judge would then grant my ex even more visitation.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



I see. Well, here is what I suggest. You contact your baby's pediatrician and you get a note from them explaining that the child should continue on the breast milk and that to interject a formula into the diet at this time could be detrimental to the child - cause stomach irritation or whatever.


Then contact the mediator and explain what is going on and present the pediatricians advisory. Request the mediator contact your ex and explain that he must continue with the bottled breast milk, if his visits are to continue.


If you have further questions, you can post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, please remember to accept as that is how I get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you