Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

When you do an affidavit for a CA court, where do you put the

When you do an affidavit for a CA court, where do you put the names of the parties involved, court case number, the court (Is that the court's name - what about address), title of document( what does that mean)?, and , it says, other specific info? These affidavits are in reply to declarations describing my behaviour. I have proof that they have lied and I am getting affidavits from people that he says this witnessed . For instance, he says that I never worked during the marriage. I am getting my social security wage record which proves that I did. He said that I was not invited to my 1/2 brother's wedding due to my bad behaviour. I am getting an affidavit that shows that none of the other sibllings were invited because the wedding was so far away and none of us could afford to go. Do i just attach the evidence or is how should it be done? May I use the CA general affidavit? How does one submit thisto the court if you don't have a lawyer? Do I need to send copies to my husband's lawyer? Ido not have alwyer
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
The document should look something like this:

STATE OF CALIFORNIA (centered)
(NAME OF THE COURT) (Centered)
Name of petitioner (left)
"petitioner"(left)
v. (left) case number (right)
Name of respondent (left)

Title of document ("Affidavit of name") (centered)

Then a bulleted list of the statements:for example

1. My name is XXXXX XXXXX address
2. I am of sound mind and of lawful age.
3.... each fact one per number.

Signature and then notary.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I think you missed some of my questions or I have not found the full answer. Please look at my request again. Also is there a time period to respond to my husband's declarations or can I just submit this and we use them as ours? I did have a lawyer and he did not tell me to respond. He did nothing just told me G won't agree to that. How do I set up my own court dates? AT a welfare court hearing where they are trying to get child support from him, for me, I believe, may I bring up other issues, like spousal support, money to moveout of a house that will be foreclosed on, etc?
Sorry for missing some of the other questions.

1) You can attach the evidence to the affidavit and in the numbered statement pertaining to that evidence you would end the statement with "evidence of this is attached as exhibit X"

2) Using the general affidavit for this is not quite a good fit and it is generally best to come up with your own affidavit which gives you much more space.

3) You need to file an "Objection" to his motion, and attach the affidavits to the objection (you would need to either go to the self help desk for assistance with that or go to the local court library and ask for the form book).

4) You file the original objection with the clerk of court together with the affidavit and exhibits attached. You mail a copy of everything to the other party's attorney. On your original motion you put a "certificate of service" statement which states you mailed the copy with the attachments to the attorney (his name and address) and the date you sent it and you sign that statement.

5) You need to respond within 5 days of any hearing to be held.

6) The clerk will set the case and you would ask the clerk to do so. His motion will be set and your objection is heard at the same time.

7) You would have to file a separate motion for the spousal support and the other issues if they were not raised in his original motion and the court will hear those separately.,

I will tell you like I tell so many customers, the courts are going to hold you to the same standard of an attorney, so you will need to get a book on civil procedure and evidence and become very familiar with this if you plan on proceeding on your own. It is never really recommended to go pro se in these matters and it is usually a recipe for disaster and if you cannot afford an attorney you need to try legal aid and calling the state bar for the pro bono attorneys in the area who can assist you.