How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is slowly destroying my family. After she evicted

Resolved Question:

My wife is slowly destroying my family. After she "evicted" me 18 months ago on the pretense of my drinking (her excuse to my 3 teens even though she admitted later she couldn't stand me anymore), she has proceeded on a path of destruction - poisoning my kids against me and being a uncompromising bitch in legal affairs, even though a Pendente Lite judge ruled in my favor on all counts.
I had a stroke in late 2008, and she told me to leave in March 2009. I almost died from the stress after being the family leader since my oldest was born in 1993. I was in the Air Force then, retired, was webmaster at the White House ( and then a manager at AOL for 10 years - earning over $100K/year. Laid off in 2007, started an internet consulting franchise in 2008 (one month before Wall St crashed), and since then have been on a downward spiral...
On Facebook, my daughter is openly gay - my son is a drug abuser - what can I do???
(Going to bed - hope I can sleep)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

What do you mean, what can you do? Do you have a specific legal question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What can I do about my kids? What rights do I have as a father with one weekend a month visitation and every other holiday/2 weeks in the summer? Can I force counseling that I think my kids need?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The visitation you presently have is much less than average---average being 90 to 120 days a year consisting of every other weekend, one evening mid-week, alternating holidays and 4 to 6 weeks during the Summer.

You will need to petition the court for a modification of custody/visitation, as well as request that the court appoint you as the decision maker for whether you child receives psychotherapy.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. Subscription customers incur no additional charges by Accepting. So, please click the ACCEPT icon. Thanks again.


Edited by LawTalk on 10/1/2010 at 8:40 PM EST
LawTalk and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you