How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a 17 1/2 year old who runs away from home in Indiana be

Customer Question

Can a 17 1/2 year old who runs away from home in Indiana be forced to return if he his living with friend or family in another state? is there any law or code that talks about this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Yes, the child would have to return per the parents orders. Until the child reached 18, he/she is required to obey and follow the orders of the parents. However, as soon as he reaches age 18, he/she can go back to doing whatever he/she wants to do.



Related Family Law Questions