Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

if i lost gaurdianship of my children from a cps case but did

Customer Question
not lose my parental rights...
if i lost gaurdianship of my children from a cps case but did not lose my parental rights how much rights do i have to my children?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 7 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hi

I am sorry to hear of this situation with you and your family. If they removed guardianship then you must follow their visitation rules. Your parental rights have not been removed, but it is as if you have "supervised visitation" with the children. In order to get them back, as I am sure you know, you have to complete the parenting plan. How long have you been in the counseling?

a couple months, i also married the man who was algedly acoused of pushing my son out the way of a demostic dispute and who has abused me in front of my children in 2004, cps picked up case in 2007 but does not approve of my marriage to him and has placed a no contact order between him and kids i dont know what to do. will i have to leave my husband so i can get kids back

Hi

I see. Well, you might not have them until he is out of the home. You might need to make a decision between him and your children. It is the priority of the CPS to ensure the kids are safe.

Is he not in counseling with you?

yes he has completed anger management program, so what would be the next step before it comes down to that happening do we have a chance at making it work out and reuniting our family

Hi

If they are not his natural children, I would say no. If they are his natural children, then it may be possible, if you follow and successful complete the parenting plan.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law