How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30342
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went through a divorce about 3 years ago and in the agreement

Resolved Question:

I went through a divorce about 3 years ago and in the agreement I was told to pay my daughters college tution with savings bonds I had saved. Now my exhusband calls and says fees are due again, so I ask what is the amount for hole year, he will not tell me an amount. He had his lawyer send me a threating letter saying I`m refusing to pay and if I did not respond that he would have contempt papers filed on me. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

He cannot reasonably expect you to pay if he won't tell you what the amount is. Send a letter to his letter explaining that you are more than happy to pay the amount owed, if they would be so kind as to provide you with a bill showing the amount. Go through the conversations the two of you have had, and make sure it is very clear that you are not refusing to pay, you just need the information for your records.

Send the letter via certified mail, return receipt requested. That way, if there is any question, you'll be able to prove that you sent the message and that he got it.
Lucy, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you