How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer Lori Your Own Question
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do want to confirm I understand. Instead of filing a motion

This answer was rated:

I do want to confirm I understand. Instead of filing a motion to divide escrow account holdings I should file a motion for post-judgement enforcement?
Actually, the name of the motion is of minor importance. I would actually be inclined to entitle it: Motion for Post-Judgment Enforcement / Motion to Divide Escrow Account. You could also entitle it Motion to Modify Escrow Account Distribution. Either would work, but my inclination is the first.

Reason for Enforcement or Modify language, is that your ex is not willing to divide it right now according to your agreement (at least that is how I interpreted your earlier question) and in addition you want to change that division to include the other funds he owes you. So it is not merely a motion to divide the escrow account but to enforce his payment of other funds owed. And if you go with strictly division, the court may not be willing to enforce the other payments.
Lawyer Lori and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you