Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

MY EX HUSBAND CONSTANTLY THREATENS COURT ON ME. HE HAD THE…

Customer Question
MY EX HUSBAND CONSTANTLY THREATENS...
MY EX HUSBAND CONSTANTLY THREATENS COURT ON ME. HE HAD THE RIGHT FOR OVERNIGHT VISITS WITH OUR SON IN 2007 PROVIDED HE PRODUCE A NEGATIVE HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG TEST. HE HAS NEVER PROVIDED ANY DEUG TEST OTHER THAN DAY OF DICORCE HEARING....URINE TEST HE ADMITTED HE WOULD FAIL. HE WAS ARRESTED ONCE FOR HARRASMENT BY COMMUNICATION FOR ALL THE ABUSIVE VOICE MAILS HE LEFT ME. HE CONSTANTLY HARRASSES/VERBALLY AND MENTALLY ABUSES ME! I HAVE NOT TAKEN HIS RIGTHS AWAY OTHER THAN THE TIME AFTER DIVORCE THERE WAS A NO CONTACT ORDER AND THE ORDER OF PROTECTION BEFORE I FILED. CAN I LEAVE THE STATE WHERE I HAVE FAMILY SUPPORT? I HAVE NONE HERE AND AM RAISING MY 5 YR OLD COMPLETELY BY MYSELF ON TOP OF THE STRESS HIS DADDY AND HIS DADDY'S MOTHER CAUSE ME. HE IS BASICALLY A FREE BABYSITTER EVERYOTHER WKND WHILE I AM AT WORK.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/1/2010
Family Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Basically when he says that he'll take you to court, tell him to bring it on. You can file for a protective order against him for all the new actions that he has taken. But if the agreement specifically requires a clean test, and he doesn't provide one, then you do not have to let him have the overnight custody.

ScottyMacEsq :

In terms of leaving the state: Generally, the Custody Agreement will dictate the terms in which the custodial parent can move around. If the Agreement is silent on the issue, the custodial parent probably does not have to have the consent of the non-custodial parent. However, they may not simply move off. The custodial parent will probably need leave from the Court to move out of state, if not consent from the non-custodial parent. The Court does not like parents to up and leave with the children without notifying anyone. I would contact the clerk of court for the Judge that issued your order and find out what the Judge's policy is. You may need to schedule a hearing day to go before the Judge.

ScottyMacEsq :

And that would take a modification of the child custody order.

ScottyMacEsq :

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

Was there something else that I could help you with?