How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can u set up a special needs trust (supplemental needs trust)

Customer Question

can u set up a special needs trust (supplemental needs trust) leaving money
to the trust for a disabled person where the money will revert back to u
if the disabled person dies. thank u for your help. jcook
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is possible to have such a trust but the wording must be very specific to prevent invasion of the trust from anyone who may provide services to the disabled person. I suspect the reason you were told that you could not is because agencies/service provider like to try to invade the corpus or primary part of such trust even when there is restrictive language but if you have basically a life estate interest in the trust written the right way you can protect/preserve the integrity of the trust. You should go to either a Disability or Estate law attorney to create the trust as this is not something to do on your own.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accept your answer but i get a message i will be charged again.
i thought I could ask questions for 30 days i signed up on augut 20 thank u j cook

Related Family Law Questions