Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

hi, i currently have an agreement with my kids father where

he is supposed to put...
hi, i currently have an agreement with my kids father where he is supposed to put 150 in an account for our 2 boys, to help me get what they need. I dont have any access to the account other than going to the atm, and he is monitoring my purchases is it better for me to get it court ordered
9/1/2010
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer

­Please click the green Accept Button so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question.

If you receive an error when clicking Accept, please Reply and let me know.

Thank you for your question.

For better or for worse, a paying parent typically has no say in what child support money will be spent for. Child support is intended to provide for the paying parent's portion of the expenses for children, which can include everything from food to housing and utilities. In other words, not all expenses covered by child support are for diapers in formula and a paying parent can't expect the expenses to be restricted to things of that nature.

Whether a parent wishes to pursue child support through the state is a decision only that parent can make. While it can increase litigation and animosity, it can also serve to reduce conflict in the future. Accordingly, each parent must consider his/her situation and decide what he/she thinks is best for that particular circumstance.

One additional positive aspect of pursuing court-ordered child support is that the parent ensures that he/she will receive the full amount he/she is entitled to. Further, it can help the receiving parent to avoid harassment or conflicts with the other parent.

To get a rough idea of what amount of support a child might be entitled to, a parent can use an online child support calculator. This can help parents evaluate whether or not their out-of-court agreements are providing proper compensation.

Calculator and CT Resources
http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/connecticut/
http://www.jud.ct.gov/LawLib/Law/childsupport.htm

While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Please remember to click the Green Accept Button and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,

T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer