How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First, thank you for all the help you gave me. but now I am

Resolved Question:

First, thank you for all the help you gave me. but now I am back to square one. My husband said I could have a simple divorce, sent me the texts stating he didn't want to go in debt, but now week and a half later he is at it again. Saying he is going after me with everything he's got as well as things he will make up. But one thing is right, and I did do something bad, I went to court, paid my restitution, did my community service. and did my probation. But he has posted on "facebook" for anyone that wants to know all about it, to call his cell number (which he posted) amd he will tell every dirty secret about our 16 years together. He has already said he will make things up to make it more interesting. Is that legal, or can I do something to stop him. I know freedom of speech and all, but does slander fall in there as well. We do have a son that this could hurt. I still can not afford a divorce attorney for a few more weeks, I am afraid of him and his mouth. please help me do the right thing.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.




Well, if he is indeed disseminating untruths with an intent to harm you, it would be defamation. However, you will need to prove that he is, indeed, saying untruths and I don't know how that would be possible unless you have first hand information on what is being said.


As to the statement on his FB page, you would have no recourse.

Samuel II and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you