How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex-husband didnt finish paying support when child graduated

Customer Question

Ex-husband didn't finish paying support when child graduated high school. Child now 19 in sophomore yr of college. no specifics in decree for college. ex=husbnd refused to sign or discuss college costs, etc. I cannot afford lawyer, my house is in jeopardy, depleted savings and maxed out credit cards to live over past year. Child in college and living at home. Father gives occasional gas card and money for school books, this year. I am looking at losing my house or having to file bankruptcy to survive unless I can get 600.00 per monthin support while child lives at home and goes to school. Ex will not answer any calls, texts from me regarding these issues. He verbally agreed to myself and child to pay 685 to 835 per month, but has not. I rec'd 1900.00 this year in one payment. Last year I had to take out loans for child's college costs. Need help. Am legal secretary willing to do work in exchange for representation. Jurisdiction of case: Dupage, Illinois Court.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I will do my best to assist you with your issue. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by as well as various state bar associations from giving specific legal advice, provide representation, or enter into an attorney-client relationship through this open and non-confidential forum. Do you understand and agree to these provisions as well as's disclaimer?


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.