How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13500
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son turned 18 this month and he is a senior in high school

This answer was rated:

my son turned 18 this month and he is a senior in high school until he graduates in june,my divorce decree states that i must pay until child is emancipated,is ohio law going to require me to pay after he graduates in june 2011?
Child support in Ohio typically continues until a child turns 18 AND graduates high school or when a child reaches 19, whichever comes first. So, yes, you would have to continue paying support until he graduates. Other circumstances of emancipation include, but are not limited to, dropping out of school (but being at least age 18), joining the military prior to age 18, and moving out of the residential home prior to age 18. However, it doesn't appear any of those circumstances apply here.
RobertJDFL and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you