How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SC Law Attorney Your Own Question
SC Law Attorney
SC Law Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  I have been practicing primarily in the field of Family Law for approximately 17 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SC Law Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child support hearing coming up, and the respondent

Resolved Question:

I have a child support hearing coming up, and the respondent requested oral testimony. However, he did not fill out the proper motions/forms to request it. Just asked for it in his declaration. Will it be allowed since he didn't fill out the proper motions as required in the law?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SC Law Attorney replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Attorney Hayes :

It will depend on how particular the Judge is. If you are aware of it, and have notice of it, it may be allowed since a majority of court rules' purposes are to give notice. Some Judges are a little more "lax" with "pro se" (self-represented) litigants, whereas others hold them to the standard of an attorney if they are going to represent themselves, requiring them to file proper forms and such.

SC Law Attorney and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions