How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter and her husband have been married a little over

This answer was rated:

my daughter and her husband have been married a little over a year, and lived together for 11 years . They have 3 girls, my son in law ask her for a devorice and told her and the girl had to move out. She is not sure what to do

Your daughter does not have to leave. Yous son in law cannot force her to do so. Once a divorce action is filed an initial hearing will be scheduled where temporary support, custody, and possession of the home will be decided. Your daughter has every right to remain in the home. If she has custody of the children it is very likely a court will order the father from the home as opposed to the mother.


If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Jack R. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you