How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter is i in the middle of a child support case and

Customer Question

my daughter is i in the middle of a child support case and have a court date on August 18th and she just recieved a noticed from my attorney that she quit. She went to a judge and said there were irrecognizable difference and he granted it. she never got any notice from that. she has been have been having trouble contacting her and not getting any response does she have any recourse and what happens to the retainer
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
The retainer must be repaid if it was not earned. The only remedy is to contact the state bar and file a complaint against the attorney and if they find she violated ethics by not returning her calls and then removing herself without notice, she can be ordered to pay sanctions and be suspended or disbarred.