How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I have shared custody, and its his time

This answer was rated:

My ex husband and I have shared custody, and it's his "time" at his Dad's house. His step mom is taking the kids to Florida for a vacation and my son does not want to go, especially since his Dad is not going. do I have any grounds to not make him go if his Dad isn't going on the vacation, even if it's on his Dad's time?
If the father will report you then you have no grounds. but if the Dad will understand then you can do this without having to go to court. If the Dad says the child has to go then you would have to go to court to get an order saying he does not have to go, or the Dad could have you found in contempt.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay, thank you for your help!
You are welcome.
legaleagle and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions