How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SC Law Attorney Your Own Question
SC Law Attorney
SC Law Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  I have been practicing primarily in the field of Family Law for approximately 17 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SC Law Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can i do to remove a 24 year old from my home,that does

Resolved Question:

what can i do to remove a 24 year old from my home,that does not pay rent or help with anything at all to compensate him staying here. he is my wife's son not mine.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SC Law Attorney replied 7 years ago.
The problem is that it's your wife's son, so if she doesn't want him out, he can stay. The attorney you asked otherwise, is correct. YOu would need to evict him, but again, if his mom lives there and says he can stay, he can stay. Sorry for the bad news. Don't shoot the messenger.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
just what part of the answer he gave is right,the part that says if he leaves the house i can change the locks on him or that i have to legally evict him. mom doesn;t want him here any more neither.
Expert:  SC Law Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Oh, ok. If neither of you want him there, then technically, you would need to evict him. The other way, although not a legal way of evicting someone, may work (changing locks and putting his things outside): beware, you could be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property put out. The best was is to do the legal eviction. Hopefully he'll just leave knowing that neither of you want him there
SC Law Attorney and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you