Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Because my son has had his visitation rights taken away temporarily

Customer Question
(by a CRAZY judge), do...
Because my son has had his visitation rights taken away temporarily (by a CRAZY judge), do we as grandparents have any rights for visitation? It is my son's year for Christmas. Could we get her then?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may be able to obtain visitation and/or shared custody over your grandchildren since your son does not have visitation rights.

In situations where the grandparents child is unable to parent the grandchild, a grandparent may obtain visitation rights based upon the best interests of the child

So sorry.
Ellen, Lawyer
Ellen, Lawyer