How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SC Law Attorney Your Own Question
SC Law Attorney
SC Law Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  I have been practicing primarily in the field of Family Law for approximately 17 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SC Law Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandchilren have been in foster care since Dec 2009. DHR

This answer was rated:

My grandchilren have been in foster care since Dec 2009. DHR tells me I can not see the children since the mother refuses to comply with the rules. The mother has been arrested and has been sentenced 1 year of jail time. Does DHR have the right to continue keeping my grandchildren away from me? The father is in jail also.
If I were you, I would file a separate private action seeking custody since both parents are incarcerated Supposedly DHR is supposed to help keep families together, but you often see them ripping them apart. Make DHR a party to the action. In the alternative, you can 'Implead" into the DHR action, which means become a prty there. I strongly urge you to get an attorney as they will be able to file the proper motions to get your case into Court quickly and hopefully get these kids out of the system. Good luck to you
SC Law Attorney and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you