How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good advice. Now I will just address the points my husband

Resolved Question:

Good advice. Now I will just address the points my husband listed.

Is there any proof I will need for the points I will bring to court?
Do I need witnesses or people that can vouch for me?
Should I be calling friend or people I know who have seen me with the children?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you again for your new question and bonus.

You will want to bring any witnesses or documentation that directly refutes your husband's points. You will want to bring the best evidence possible to refute his points so that the court will be more likely to admit the evidence into the record. For example, it would be better to bring the witness then an affidavit from the witness as the court may determine that the affidavit is not admissible.

In addition to bringing witnesses/documentation directly refuting your husband's allegations, you may want to consider bringing any witnesses that can testify that your husband does not actually fear that you will harm him or the children. For example a witness that can state that your husband told him that he is really not concerned that you will harm the children or him but filed for an order of protection in order to gain an advantage in a later custody action.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can further assist you

Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions