How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any form to amend a judgment form that I already file

Customer Question

Is there any form to amend a judgment form that I already file , or I have to resubmitted a new judgment form with my stipulation and FL130.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your patience and for requesting me--I need to know exactly what type of judgment you wish to amend. Can you explain that to me a bit more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I file an default judgment for dissolution of marriage. At default hearing, the judge stated that I do not have evidence to support all property are separate property. Unless there is an agreement between both parties, she will not sign the judgement order(My original judgment form check all decision based onAttached property division form FL345). Now, I secured an marital agreement and prepare a FL130. My question is
1. do I need to file another judgment(FL180)and check the box(property division is ordered as set in the attached agreemment, stipulation).
o2. Is there any special form to amend ajudgment?
Any other form I need to refile besides, agreement, FL130 and FL180
4. Do I check the box on FL130, the parties waive all appeall right and notice of hearing because the husband will not go to hearing, he gave all his consent to all division.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Oh I see, thank you for your follow-up.

You just need to file the FL 130 and FL 180, check the box in the FL 130 (if the husband does consent to the terms), and file a new FL 180--California does not have an additional amendment form for you to utilize.

For future reference, go to the link below to download and find all of the forms that you need to complete your divorce, as once your judgment is entered, you will have to fill out the FL 190:

Good luck!

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 8/1/2010 at 4:33 AM EST

Related Family Law Questions