How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in CA, is there any special form to amend a judgment

Resolved Question:

I live in CA, is there any special form to amend a judgment form already filedor just refile anew judgment form
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

What type of judgment are you trying to amend?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I filed a default judgment for divorce. During the default heraing, the judge stated that the I do not have enough evidence to support separate property claim , unless there is an stipulation ot marital settlement agreement , she will not sign the order. I secured an marital settlllement agreement and pre pare a Forn 130.
my question are:
1. Do I need to file another judgment form(FL180) becuase the old one asked judge to order according to FL345 form, but the new judgment will be order as Marrital Agreement satted.
2. Is there any special amend judgment form in CA
3. Do I need submit other fotrm besides FL180, FL130 and agreement.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
I believe I have answered your question in your other post.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not receive answer
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Oh I see, thank you for your follow-up.

You just need to file the FL 130 and FL 180, check the box in the FL 130 (if the husband does consent to the terms), and file a new FL 180--California does not have an additional amendment form for you to utilize.

For future reference, go to the link below to download and find all of the forms that you need to complete your divorce, as once your judgment is entered, you will have to fill out the FL 190:

Good luck!

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 8/1/2010 at 12:33 AM EST

Sincerely, XXXXX Esq.

Please click "accept" so I can be compensated for my assistance. Thank you!
Dimitry K., Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you