How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42856
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Type Your Family Law Question Here..wife forced me out of home

Customer Question

Type Your Family Law Question Here..wife forced me out of home i am 100% disabled she bought a beer bar with my settlement and wants everything. I have vpo on me 1yr keeping me from my bar I receive 541.00monthly cannot get free councel.due to vpo. her finaciol report claims loss do I postpone court till vpo is gone
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Write the judge here assigned to your case and ask for a continuance to allow you to seek a lawyer here .Ask for such continuance so that you may be able to dispute all of the facts and prepare to respond here.This is a reasonable request.Copy the other side .The court may set hearing or just grant it to you.Ask for a month to do so here.Tell the judge this is the minimum amount of time to retain counsel and allow them to prepare for future hearings.State that this is good cause fro granting here.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I receive 541.00 3rd wens day per month today you. judge all ready set date avg 6th been looking for lawyer since date filed .should I discuss possible fraud charges to her atty I am not giving her all I built in 5yrs and be homeless while she haqs lawn mower to new chager auto just bought during injuction.I have to repay 900.00per mth tossi onmoney she spent till2011!
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
I think it is reasonable to ask for continuance to locate lawyer.You have much at stake here and you could benefit from a local lawyer.You deserve fair division and modification of these orders.Here is potential lawyer referral

Looking for a Lawyer?
Email Us: Click here to contact us
for a

About MLRS

Contact Us
Call Us: Metro Denver/Boulder:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fort Collins:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> Toll Free: (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

When you call the Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service, an experienced referral counselor will speak with you first, in complete confidence, to help you determine what might be the most effective action to take in resolving your legal situation.
Serving the Colorado cities and towns of Arvada, Aurora, Berthoud, Black Hawk, Boulder, Bowmar, Brighton, Cherry Hills Village, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Commerce City, Conifer, Denver, Elizabeth, Englewood, Erie, Estes Park, Evergreen, Federal Heights, Fort XXXXX, XXXXXtown, Glendale, Golden, Greenwood Village, Henderson, Highlands Ranch, Lafayette, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Lyons, Morrison, Niwot, Northglenn, Parker, Sheridan, Superior, Thornton, Westminster and Wheat Ridge.

If we conclude that an attorney referral is appropriate, the next step depends upon the type of case that you have.

If you have called in connection with a matter that might normally be considered a “contingency fee” case--personal injury, wrongful termination, workers compensation or social security disability--or if you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you are entitled to a free referral. We will provide you with the name and phone number of one of our member attorneys who has the necessary expertise and experience. You will call the attorney’s office and they will help you determine whether you have the essential elements of a case worth pursuing. If you do, they may then have you into the office to further discuss your case and complete the paperwork that will finalize your retention of the attorney for legal services. (If meeting locally with the attorney is not possible, the process may take place using fax, phone or e-mail.)

For all other types of legal matters, you will be asked to prepay a modest, below market referral fee of $75 by credit or debit card.

Those paying the referral fee are entitled to an in-person initial consultation with our member attorney, either over the phone or face-to-face, depending upon your circumstances. After paying the fee, you will call the attorney to arrange a convenient time for this consultation.

The initial consultation provides up to 30 minutes for you to explain the case and for the attorney to explain what could be done for you and what the cost might be. Following this initial consultation, should you wish to go ahead and retain the attorney, the traditional lawyer-client relationship is established with fees for services. You are under no obligation to retain the attorney after the consultation.

For those matters which call for prepayment of the $75 referral fee, the Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service is designed to help people who can afford usual and customary legal fees. If referral to an MLRS attorney is not appropriate, we will make every effort to provide you with a referral to a community service agency or other legal or governmental resource that may offer you affordable assistance.

Edited by RayAnswers on 8/1/2010 at 10:02 AM EST