How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a default judgment package for divorce and during default

Resolved Question:

I filed a default judgment package for divorce and during default hearing, the judge stated that there are no evidence that I can prove separate property. She said that if both parties sign a marital settlement agreement, she will sign the judgment order. I drafted a marital agreement and fill a form FL130, however, Do I need file another judgment (FL180) because the one i filed before asking to judgment based on attached property division form( FL345 ) instead of check the box agreement or stipulation.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, I believe that you must fill out another judgment form because you’ve made changes. If you weren’t using forms, I’d say to file an amended request for judgment. Since you’re using forms, I suggest you contact the court of clerk to be sure that there isn’t a specific form to use for amending the first judgment form. If there is not, then I’d simply file the new one, which should indicate that the first judgment form is void.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.

TJ, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions